CORE DISTINGUISHING FEATURES OF THIS CLASS:
Objectives: The fundamental reason this classification exists is for a Staking Technician to design and stake jobs in accordance with the objectives, policies, and plans of Grady EMC and in conformance to established standards in RUS Specifications and the National Electric Code. It also exists to assure members the maximum amount of uninterrupted low-cost electric service through the diligent application of sound methods and effective performance of responsibilities.
PREREQUISITES AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Must have a high school diploma or GED equivalent. Strongly prefer an Associate Degree or equivalent from a college or technical school in an electrical or engineering related field. An equivalent combination of experience and training that demonstrates the required knowledge, skills, and abilities for the job may be qualifying. Must have or obtain a valid CDL Class A license within six months of hire date. Must be highly motivated, a problem solver, known to have good work habits, and have a history of tactfully dealing with people. Must be able to explain Grady EMC services, policies, and procedures to consumers and be able to maintain a daily work schedule to ensure completion of jobs in an efficient and productive manner. Must have good computer skills using a variety of software programs. Must attend continuing education training events.
• Provide prompt and courteous service to consumers.
• Schedule appointments with consumers.
• Investigate, design, and stake new jobs and retirements using Partner Staking software.
• Provide the consumer with job estimates.
• Consult landowners for required easements.
• Complete all necessary documentation for jobs.
• Complete D.O.T. permits utilizing required software.
• Communicate with necessary departments to ensure successful job completion.
• Inspect completed work orders and verify job accuracy.
• Perform locates of primary and secondary underground services.
• Ensure locate tickets are processed with Engineering Department.
• Must be proficient with Microsoft Office.
• First 6 months work with the Construction Crew
• Perform additional necessary operational duties that are not outlined.
• After hours and on trouble calls required after 6 months
NOTE: All work is performed under the guidance of the Engineering Manager.
Grady EMC is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, including disabled and veterans. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor. We desire priority referrals of Protected Veterans for job openings at all locations within the State of Georgia.
Applicants should apply On-line at Indeed or email email@example.com. No applicants at the office. Job is opened until filled.