About Grady EMC
Grady EMC was created in 1936 when 175 farmers got together and decided to form their own REA in South Georgia. Those initial members incorporated Grady EMC in 1937 with the goal of providing power to South Georgia. More than 77 years later, we serve over 13,000 members through over 3,000 miles of power lines in Grady, Decatur and Thomas counties. While much has changed with the passing of time, our purpose today is the same as it was when we were founded …to provide safe, reliable and affordable power to the members we serve!