CORE DISTINGUISHING FEATURES OF THIS CLASS:
The fundamental reason this classification exists is for a Line Worker to work with a construction crew to install new distribution lines, provide maintenance of distribution lines and services as directed and assist as required in all aspects of the project as directed by the Crew Leader.
PREREQUISITES AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Must be able to read and interpret sag charts and have basic knowledge of poly-phase metering hookups. Need to have working knowledge of the National Electrical Code and RUS Specifications. Need to be a principled person with good personal habit as you will be a representative of this company to the general public. Require having basic knowledge of hand tools. Require having a Commercial Driving License (CDL). Require having a minimum five years of experience as a Line Worker in a Distribution or Transmission Field. Good communication skills and electrical Training are preferred qualifications.
- Work safely while performing new construction, maintenance or repair work.
- Capable of safely setting poles and anchors.
- Climb into and out of aerial buckets and on and off large trucks.
- Climbing, rigging, and lineman experience required.
- Capable of properly installing and removing PPE and Cover Up.
- Capable of checking voltage on transformers.
- Capable of installing and removing a service.
- Understands how to tie various lineman knots.
- Understands proper equipment set-up and grounding procedures.
- Identify different types of materials used in line work.
- Troubleshooting problems on Distribution
- Works with energized high voltage systems.
- Builds and maintains electrical lines and other electrical facilities.
- Frame poles on the ground.
- Operates heavy and light equipment.
- Responds to service calls and makes repairs.
- Lift, carry and place heavy objects.
- After hour on trouble calls after six months
- Maintains company vehicles, equipment and tools in good working order
- Does all other related work as required to complete the job.
- Required to obtain ITS Certification