CORE DISTINGUISHING FEATURES OF THIS CLASS:
The fundamental reason this classification exists is to operate Computer-Aided Dispatching and other related communications equipment to quickly and accurately receive and transmit information that is vital to this company and its customers. Work involves evaluating incoming calls to determine the appropriate level of assistance required, dispatching field personnel, and transmitting information and messages upon request and/or according to established procedures. Employees are expected to demonstrate extensive communication skills and to exercise considerable judgment under pressure. Work is performed under the corresponding Supervisor, who is available for immediate consultation on any situation.
- Ability to efficiently utilize an array of PC-based applications; Outage Management System (OMS), Customer-related accounting system, AMR system (remote disconnects, KWH usage, meter status, etc.), mapping, messaging, etc.
- Ability to communicate with others over radio and telephone and to assimilate and understand the information in a manner consistent with the essential functions of this company; to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to use and monitor a Supervisory and Data Acquisition system (SCADA); Prepare and direct switching and operating procedures for distribution, substation, line equipment, and load transfers.
- Complete technical outage reports accurately; keep clear and accurate records.
- Ability to remain calm and coordinate multiple tasks under pressure.
- Ability to read maps and articulate that information to field personnel.
- Coordinate staffing requirements of field personnel during storm emergencies or abnormal conditions.
- Must be willing to work rotating shift schedules and be available for overtime work when the situation warrants
NOTE: This position requires a high level of situational awareness as field personnel’s safety can become compromised by inattention to detail.
NOTICE OF JOB POSTING
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION:
We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor. We desire priority referrals of Protected Veterans for job openings at all locations within the State of Georgia. Our hiring locations with contact information for the corresponding hiring official at each location in the State of Georgia are as follows: No applicants at Grady EMC. Apply online at Indeed or Department of Labor. We utilize the DOL to assist in the hiring process, and they may be contacted at 229.377.6526