GROUND – WORKER
CORE DISTINGUISHING FEATURES OF THIS CLASS:
A Ground-Worker works under the supervision of line-crew members and the crew leader, assisting in the construction and maintenance of distribution lines and services. Responsibilities include digging holes for utility poles and anchors, framing poles, setting and aligning poles, and any other task needed to assist the crew.
PREREQUISITES AND QUALIFICATIONS:
A high school diploma or equivalent is a prerequisite. The applicant must also have basic knowledge of hand tools. You must be principled with good personal habits as you will represent this company to the general public. You must also obtain a valid commercial CDL driver’s license within six months of the hire date. Preferred qualifications include good communications skills and electrical training.
• Work with a crew as a general helper on the ground
• Work outside in all weather conditions
• Assist line crews with setting poles, shoveling, and tamping
• Framing of poles on the ground
• Climb poles and operate out of a bucket Truck. Physical requirements include stooping, kneeling, crouching, digging, reaching, climbing ladders and steps, and lifting and carrying heavy objects.
• Must be willing to work “on-call” after a six-month probationary period
• And other operational duties that may be needed that are not outlined here
*It is required to enroll in the Line-Worker Certification program after one year of employment.