ROW TRIMMING CREW MEMBER
CORE DISTINGUISHING FEATURES OF THIS CLASS:
The fundamental reason this classification exists is for a position Right of Way Trimming Crew Member is to assist the Right of Way Crew in maintaining the Cooperative Electric Lines and Facilities Right-of-Way free and clear of trees.
PREREQUISITES AND QUALIFICATIONS:
High school diploma or equivalent: Must have basic knowledge of hand tools. Must be a principled person with good personal habits as you will be a representative of this company to the general public. Must obtain a valid commercial CDL Driving License within 6 months of hire date. Preferred qualifications include good communications skills and electrical training.
- Work with a Crew as a general helper on the Ground.
- Perform ROW spraying as directed while on the Job.
- Operate chain saw and clear Right-of-Way.
- Cut trees and brush with axe and brush hook.
- Operate brush chipper-grinder in a clean-up process.
- Operate Tractor with bush hog and Side Arm tractor.
- Wiling to learn to work out of a bucket truck taking down trees with chain saw.
- After hours and on trouble calls required after 6 months.
- Work outside in all weather conditions.
- Other operational duties that may be needed that are not outlined.