RIGHT OF WAY TREE TRIMMER
CORE DISTINGUISHING FEATURES OF THIS CLASS:
The fundamental reason this classification exists is for a Tree Trimmer position is to assist the Trimming Crew in maintaining the Cooperative Electric Lines and Facilities Right-of-Way free and clear of trees. Using sophisticated climbing and rigging techniques, cut away dead or excess branches from trees to maintain right-of-way for roads, or utilities, or to improve the right of way. Making Decisions and Solving Problems – analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems. Cut away dead and excess branches from trees, or clear branches around power lines, using climbing equipment or buckets of extended truck booms, or chainsaws, hooks, handsaws, shears, and clippers.
PREREQUISITES AND QUALIFICATIONS:
High school diploma or equivalent: Must have basic knowledge of hand tools. Must be a principled person with good personal habits as you will be a representative of this company to the general public. Preferred qualifications include good communications skills and basic electrical training. Operate boom trucks, loaders, stump chippers, brush chippers, tractors, power saws, trucks, sprayers, and other equipment and tools. Provide references for a minimum 3 years as a tree trimmer with bucket experience, and equipment experience.
- Work with a Crew as a general helper on the Ground.
- Performs ROW spraying as directed while on the Job.
- Works out of Bucket Truck taking down trees with chain saw.
- Climb trees, using climbing hooks and belts.
- Operate shredding and chipping equipment.
- Operation of Tractor with bush-hog and Side Arm Tractor.
- Cuts trees and brush with axe and brush hook.
- Work outside in all weather conditions.
- After hours and on trouble calls required after 6 months.
- And other operational duties that may be needed that are not outlined here.
- Must have valid commercial CDL driving (A or B) license.