CORE DISTINGUISHING FEATURES OF THIS CLASS:
Objectives: The fundamental reason this classification exists is for a Staking Technician to design and stake jobs in accordance with the objectives, policies, and plans of Grady EMC and in conformance to established standards in RUS Specifications and the National Electric Code. It also ensures members of the maximum amount of uninterrupted low-cost electric service through the diligent application of sound methods and effective performance of responsibilities.
PREREQUISITES AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Must have a high school diploma or GED equivalent. An Associate Degree or equivalent from a college or technical school in an electrical or engineering-related field will be favored. An equivalent combination of experience and training that demonstrates the required knowledge, skills and abilities for the job may qualify. Must have or obtain a valid CDL Class A license within six months of hire date. Must be highly motivated, a problem solver, known to have good work habits, and have a history of tactfully dealing with people. Must explain Grady EMC services, policies, and procedures to consumers and maintain a daily work schedule to ensure the completion of jobs efficiently and productively. Must have good computer skills using a variety of software programs. Must attend continuing education training events.
• Provide prompt and courteous service to consumers.
• Schedule appointments with consumers.
• Investigate, design, and stake new jobs and retirements using Partner Staking software.
• Provide the consumer with job estimates.
• Consult land owners for required easements.
• Complete all necessary documentation for jobs.
• Complete D.O.T. permits utilizing required software.
• Communicate with necessary departments to ensure successful job completion.
• Inspect completed work orders and verify job accuracy.
• Perform locates of primary and secondary underground services.
• Ensure that locate tickets are processed with Engineering Department.
• Must be proficient with Microsoft Office.
• Perform additional necessary operational duties that are not outlined here.
• Must remain in a position for a minimum of one year before being eligible for other position.
• Must be willing to work “on-call” after a six-month probationary period.
NOTE: All work is performed under the guidance of the Engineering Manager.