CORE DISTINGUISHING FEATURES OF THIS CLASS:
The fundamental reason this classification exists is for a Ground-Worker(formerly known as Ground-man) to work with a construction crew to install new distribution lines and provide maintenance of distribution line and services as directed, including digging poles, and anchor holes, installing anchor, framing, setting and aligning poles. This position also assists as required in all manual labor aspects of the project as directed by the Crew leader and Crew Members.
PREREQUISITES AND QUALIFICATIONS:
High school diploma or equivalent: Must have basic knowledge of hand tools. Must be a principled person with good personal habits as you will be a representative of this company to the general public. Must obtain a valid commercial CDL Driving license within 6 months of hire date. Preferred qualifications include good communications skills and electrical training.
- Work with a Crew as a general helper on the Ground,
- Work outside in all weather conditions.
- Assist line crews with setting poles, shoveling, and tamping.
- Framing of poles on the ground.
- Climb poles and operate out of a bucket Truck. Physical requirements include stooping, kneeling, crouching, digging, reaching, climbing ladders and steps, lifting and carrying heavy objects.
- After hours and on trouble calls required after 6 months.
- And other operational duties that may be needed that are not outlined here
Requirement after one year to be enrolled in the Line-Worker Certification program.